Thursday, January 8, 2009

Am I Doing The Right Thing Here?

I'm on medication for depression and adhd right now, but I've also decided to see a psychologist, which I go in to see next Thursday. I'm obviously not doing a good job on my own of handling my anxiety, and feelings of inferiority and self-worth. I sure as fuck am not going to spend any time and effort toward finding answers in the self-help industry. My problems go far beyond anything the self-help industry could ever offer. I have come to recognize that these feelings that I've had recently need to be addressed by a psychologist, or trained professional. The difference between the self-help industry is that it is a business, and psychology is a science. I'm sorry, but between the two, I'll pick science over business every day of the week, and twice on Sundays. Fuckheads in the self-help industry will dish out any line of bullshit to line their pockets, no matter what they have to do, or who they have to take advantage of in the process. I honestly believe that a good psychologist is genuinely concerned with the patient's well-being. I am going to balance the meds and therapy to try and help me achieve what it is I want out of life. I've just got to sort all this shit out. My hope is that things start falling into place for me. Better sooner than later, if you ask me.

No comments:

Post a Comment